Welcome to the 2018 NISC Annual Report
Chairman & CEO Introduction
Greetings! On behalf of NISC’s Board of Directors and employees, we invite you to take a moment to review NISC’s 2017 to 2018 Annual Report.
In the introduction section, you will find several highlights from the past fiscal year. For a complete listing of the 2017-2018 fiscal year’s achievements, please review the timeline portion of this website.
We are grateful to say it was another prosperous year for NISC, thanks to the dedication of our employees and the partnership of our Members. It was also a year of reflection and celebration as we reached 50 years of service to our industries. We are so fortunate to be a technology organization that has withstood the test of time. Our mission has always been to embrace technology and continue creating innovative solutions for our Members, enabling them to serve their customers as efficiently as possible. That mission is one we continue to strive towards.
A few key product launches this year included iVUE Connect® Service, a web-based customer service and provisioning solution to help utilities deploying broadband solutions, the NISC CyberSense Educational Kit, with marketing materials and collateral for staying safe online, and NISC Operations Analytics (OA), an integrated analysis platform for engineers and system operators.
This year, NISC expanded to all 50 states and grew in both our employee base and our Membership, employing 1,280 individuals and supporting 828 Member organizations across the country and beyond. To learn more about NISC’s growth and to view the financial reports, please review our financial summary and accompanying charts and statements.
We know our success is owed to the many organizations that make up our Membership, and we look forward to continuing in the spirit of innovation and service in the years to come. Thank you for the opportunity to be your trusted partner in technology.
Here’s to the next 50.
Reg Rudolph and Vern Dosch
Fiscal Year Timeline
- 600th SmartHub implementation successfully completed
- iVUE 2.36 release deployed to utilities
- NISC partners with Electrical Distribution Design (EDD) for enhanced analytics offering
- Capturis Customer Information Conference held in Bismarck, N.D.
- iVUE 2.36 release deployed to telecoms
- NISC launches Greenhouse software to streamline recruitment efforts
- NISC receives Prairie Business’ 2016 50 Best Places to Work Award
- Began moving into new Mandan expansion
- Member Information Conference (MIC) held in St. Louis, Mo., September 7-9 and 12-14
- Mosaic, NISC’s new business intelligence solution, launched at the 2016 MIC
- NISC earns Wellness Lives Here designation from the American Diabetes Association
- NISC is a finalist for the 2016 Healthiest Employers in St. Louis Award
- iVUE 2.37 release deployed
- NISC partners with Survey & Ballot Systems for new customer engagement features
- Automated Mailroom Services (AMS) hits 20,000,000 monthly images processed
- NISC ranked #78 in the Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America by Healthiest Employers
- NISC receives Gold Recognition as a Fit Friendly Workplace by the American Heart Association
- NISC announces integration with Survey & Ballot Systems to help Members simplify board elections
- NISC attends NTCA’s RTIME in San Diego, Calif. and hosts the NISC Telecom Annual Meeting
- NISC attends TechAdvantage in San Diego, Calif. and hosts the NISC Annual Meeting
- Expanded workshop offerings to include NISC Document Vault and the iVUE System Administration Survival Guide
- NISC internal realignment announced
- NISC AMS and Tech support centers recognized in the HDI Elite 50 for Customer Support
- iVUE 2.38 release deployed
- NISC iVUE is delivered on the newest supported database, Oracle 12c, and operating system, SUSE 12, platforms
- NISC Cybersecurity Services launches, offering a suite of cyber-protection solutions
- Mandan expansion dedicated
- Partners in Broadband launched to promote collaboration in rural broadband deployment
- NISC named ComputerWorld 2017 Best Places to Work in IT for the 14th consecutive year
- NISC awarded with the Bismarck-Mandan Young Professionals Network 2017 Top 10 Places to Work and Distinguished Business Partner
- NISC honored as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2017 Top Workplace
The company maintains a system of internal accounting controls designed to provide reasonable assurance that assets are safeguarded against loss or unauthorized use, and that transactions are executed in accordance with management’s authorization and recorded and summarized properly.
Our independent auditors have audited the company’s financial statements. The audit is conducted in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, which require a review of the internal accounting controls and tests of accounting procedures to the extent necessary for the purpose of their audit.
To ensure complete independence, the Board of Directors selects the independent auditors and is presented with the full audit report at their regular Board meeting in September of each year.