Welcome to the 2018 NISC Annual Report
Chairman & CEO Introduction
Greetings! On behalf of NISC’s Board of Directors and employees, we invite you to take a moment to review NISC’s 2017 to 2018 Annual Report.
In the introduction section, you will find several highlights from the past fiscal year. For a complete listing of the 2017-2018 fiscal year’s achievements, please review the timeline portion of this website.
We are grateful to say it was another prosperous year for NISC, thanks to the dedication of our employees and the partnership of our Members. It was also a year of reflection and celebration as we reached 50 years of service to our industries. We are so fortunate to be a technology organization that has withstood the test of time. Our mission has always been to embrace technology and continue creating innovative solutions for our Members, enabling them to serve their customers as efficiently as possible. That mission is one we continue to strive towards.
A few key product launches this year included iVUE Connect® Service, a web-based customer service and provisioning solution to help utilities deploying broadband solutions, NISC CyberDetect, a fully managed and monitored service allowing Members to immediately respond to cyber threats, and NISC Operations Analytics (OA), an integrated analysis platform for engineers and system operators.
This year, NISC expanded to all 50 states and grew in both our employee base and our Membership, employing 1,280 individuals and supporting 828 Member organizations across the country and beyond. To learn more about NISC’s growth and to view the financial reports, please review our financial summary and accompanying charts and statements.
We know our success is owed to the many organizations that make up our Membership, and we look forward to continuing in the spirit of innovation and service in the years to come. Thank you for the opportunity to be your trusted partner in technology.
Here’s to the next 50.
Reg Rudolph and Vern Dosch
Fiscal Year Timeline
- iVUE 2.39 release deployed to Membership
- Capturis Customer Information Conference held in Mandan, N.D.
- NISC CyberDetect is released offering a fully managed and monitored service to help Members detect and respond immediately to cyber threats
- NISC named by Prairie Business Magazine as one of the Best Places to Work in the Northern Plains for the fourth consecutive year
- Member Information Conference (MIC) held September 26-28 drawing more than 2,300 attendees to St. Louis, Mo.
- NISC AMS and Tech Support recognized with fourth consecutive Helpdesk International (HDI) CSAT Elite 50 award for outstanding service and support
- 700th Member successfully implemented on NISC Accounting & Billing Solutions (ABS)
- NISC expands to all 50 states
- NISC named a Wellness Lives Here Corporate Health Champion by the American Diabetes Association
- iVUE 2.40 release deployed to Membership
- NISC launches iVUE Connect® Service, providing functionality for utilities deploying broadband solutions
- NISC officially kicks off 50 years of innovation and Member service at the 2018 NRECA TechAdvantage Conference and the 2018 RTIME Conference
- NISC relaunches the NISC Community with new, user-friendly design
- NISC presents donations to NRECA International and Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) on behalf of their 50th anniversary
- iVUE 2.41 release deployed to Membership
- 300th Member successfully implemented on Outage Management System (OMS)
- 350th Member successfully implemented on MapWise
- 500th Member successfully implemented on AppSuite
- First joint industry implementation into MapWise converged database
- NISC Operations Analytics (OA) is launched for engineers and system operators of electric systems
- NISC expands its presence in TVA market
- NISC receives Bismarck-Mandan Top 10 Young Professional Workplace Award
- NISC named among Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT for 15th consecutive year and 16th time overall
- NISC named a Top Workplace in St. Louis by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- 600th Member successfully implemented on Document Vault
The company maintains a system of internal accounting controls designed to provide reasonable assurance that assets are safeguarded against loss or unauthorized use, and that transactions are executed in accordance with management’s authorization and recorded and summarized properly.
Our independent auditors have audited the company’s financial statements. The audit is conducted in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, which require a review of the internal accounting controls and tests of accounting procedures to the extent necessary for the purpose of their audit.
To ensure complete independence, the Board of Directors selects the independent auditors and is presented with the full audit report at their regular Board meeting in September of each year.